Written by Mary-Anne Reed
Tuesday, 02 June 2009 00:36
Some tips to alleviate your stress:
Here are some ways to combat stress throughout the day:
- Start the day by journaling 3 pages. Use it to vent. Get out your feelings, thoughts, ideas, plans.
- Create a focus list to accomplish and follow it.
- Spend at least 15 - 30 minutes meditating.
- Make your breakfast protein rich.
- Walk or exercise for 15 to 30 minutes a day
- Drink adequate amounts of fluid, especially water (Eight 8-ounce cups a day).
- Take work breaks (one 15 minute break for every 2 hours)
- Eat at least one raw foods salad a day.
- Control your insulin with good low Glycemic Index food choices (low carb, lean protein, omega 3 oils, green vegetables, minimum of fruit and grains).
- Enjoy your meals sitting down. Eat slowly.
- Take your lunch break away from your work area
- Before going to bed listen to relaxing music for at least 15 minutes and visualize yourself in bed getting a wonderful night's sleep.
If you will practice the above every day, your stress level will drop dramatically. (Add more time on to the applicable practice areas if your stress increases.)
See our disclaimer.
Last Updated on Friday, 10 July 2009 23:47